Local ethics committee approval should be obtained for researches. In the manuscripts that report the results of the experimental studies, there should be a sentence indicating that the informed consent of the volunteer or the patients were taken after all the procedure(s) is fully described. In the case of such a study, the authors must accept internationally recognized guidelines and Turkish provisions of the regulations and also send the approval of the Ethics Committee from the institution. Studies on animals should be made clear of what has been done to prevent pain and discomfort.
Medical research involving human subjects must be conducted according to the World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki.
Submitted manuscripts should conform to the ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
All papers reporting animal and/or human studies must state in the methods section that the relevant Ethics Committee or Institutional Review Board provided (or waived) approval.
All submissions must be accompanied by a title page.
- Write the manuscript title.
- Provide the full name and institution of the review committee, in addition to the approval number.
- Include a statement to the editor that the paper being submitted has not been published, simultaneously submitted, or already accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Include a statement that the manuscript has been read and approved by all the authors, that the requirements for authorship as stated earlier in this document have been met, and that each author believes that the manuscript represents honest work.
- The author must declare that the manuscript, to the best of the author’s knowledge, does not infringe upon any copyright or property right of any third party.
Information on informed consent to report individual cases or case series should be included in the manuscript text. A statement is required regarding whether written informed consent for patient information and images to be published was provided by the patient(s) or a legally authorized representative. Please do not submit the patient’s actual written informed consent with your article, as this in itself breaches the patient’s confidentiality. The Journal requests that you confirm to us, in writing, that you have obtained written informed consent, but the written consent itself should be held by the authors/investigators themselves, for example, in a patient’s hospital record. The confirmatory letter may be uploaded with your submission as a separate file.
Please also refer to the ICMJE Recommendations for the Protection of Research Participants.
All research involving animals submitted for publication must be approved by an ethics committee with oversight of the facility in which the studies were conducted. The journal has adopted the Consensus Author Guidelines on Animal Ethics and Welfare for Veterinary Journals published by the International Association of Veterinary Editors.